Based on Canterbury’s busiest street close to the Westgate Towers, David Grimes has been providing optical services for over 30 years. I hope you've only ever heard good reviews.
Optics today is different from when we first started. We live in a world where special offers are common and upselling is the norm. There aren’t many independent opticians left. We still offer old fashioned good service in a pleasant environment.
STRAIGHTFORWARD. We spend time with you and help you choose your new spectacles. We all need to know the price, we will tell you exactly that before you look rather than after. An easy to understand all-inclusive price with no extra charges added later.
SIMPLE. If you wear varifocals then there can be dozens of different options to choose from but not here ! We all wear varifocals – we’ll give you the same ones we wear but tailor made to your own individual specifications
TRANSPARENT. The same low price today as it will be next week. Our objective is to make your new spectacles the best you’ve ever had at a price less than you’d expect.
CHOICE. Our range of frames has been fine tuned over time to offer unusual styles that are easily wearable. Also, the way we select the range is very personal. David chooses each and every frame individually and all must be stylish, good quality and reliable.
QUICK. You won’t wait long for your new spectacles. Almost everything is made on the premises and simple jobs are within the hour. The most complicated lenses take about a week but in the event that you are without spectacles, we will make you something temporary – there and then – without charge, just to get you through until your new ones are ready.
Eye Examinations are available every day. WE DO NOT HAVE A WAITING LIST. You can be seen today so when you are ready to have your eyes examined – so are we.
LET US INTRODUCE OURSELVES:
- DAVID is the owner and a dispensing optician.
- KEN is a dispensing optician and will make sure your glasses fit you perfectly.
- DARREN is the technician and will make your glasses accurately.
- LOUISE runs the office and is a dispensing assistant.
- GEORGIE welcomes you and has a good eye for finding you a nice frame.
- MARK tests your eyes Tuesday to Friday.
- PHIL tests your eyes Monday and Saturday.
- SHIRLEY is David’s wife, loves to make you a drink and keeps us all organised.
- JASMIN you might have seen her advertising in the paper
- JEAN cleans up after us all!
David worked with Louise in 1986, we then met Ken and Darren in 1987. in 1991 Mark began working here.
David met Shirley in 1998 and we met Jean in 2000. Phil came to work here in 2008 and we met Georgie in 2010.
Jasmin came along 2014
when you visit, feel free to comment on how well we look after all these years